n. pl. bot·a·nies
1. The science or study
a. Plant life
b. A book or scholarly
work on this subject.
2. The plant life of
a particular area: the botany of the Ohio River valley.
3. The characteristic
features and biology of a particular kind of plant or
HDRA - The
organic organisation - organic gardening, farming & food.
University of Illinois
Extension - Urban Programs Resource Network.
- Evergreen Project Adventures - Biomes
and Ecosystems of the world.
Forest! - Here you’ll encounter a variety of
habitats—places perfectly suited for particular
plants and animals.
- Flora of China - Flora of
China Project. An international collaborative effort to
publish the first English language account of China's
- Floral Radiographs -
The Secret Garden.
- Forest Insects and Diseases
Photo Gallery - Pacific Northwest Region.
- Facts About
Fungi - Fungi in Northern Ireland.
- Galleria Carnivora
- A museum of colour photographs of carnivorous plants.
- How to extract DNA from anything living
- Using your blender and an onion, here's how you can
extract some long strands of DNA.
- Idaho Forest - Forests are
Plants - Images, Identification, and Information.
- OSU PlantFacts - PlantFacts has
merged several digital collections developed at Ohio State
University to become an international knowledge bank and
multimedia learning center.
- Plants National Database
- A site including a large database of plant names, a
plant Photo Gallery, Plant Fact Sheets, Culturally Significant
Plants, Noxious and Invasive Plants, Plant Characteristics,
Threatened and Endangered Plant , and more.