1. The science that
deals with the phenomena of the atmosphere, especially
weather and weather conditions.
- About Rainbows - What is a rainbow?
- AccuWeather(r) - Weather information for your area, including 5-day weather forecasts,
radar and satellite images for around the world and 43,000 U.S. locations.
- ARM Education Site: Cool Sites -
Directory of, Global Warming, Weather, and Other Science Sites.
Optics - Lig
- ? ht playing on water drops, dust or ice crystals in the
atmosphere produces a host of visual spectacles - rainbows, halos,
glories, coronas and many more. Snow Crystals.
Meteorology - It is better to communicate good information than to
offer misinformation in the name of good communication.
- California Academy of Science - The
California Academy of Sciences is located in Golden Gate Park, San
Francisco, California and consists of a Natural History Museum,
Planetarium and Aquarium all in one location.
- Central Atlantic Storm
Investigators - A group of over 1500 amateur and professional
meteorologists, storm spotters, and weather observers from around the
world dedicated to the observation and documentation of weather events.
- Commonwealth Bureau of
Meteorology - National Warnings Summary.
- Current Solar
Images - The most recent, full-resolution solar image of each type in
the SDAC archive.
- Dan's Wild Wild Weather Page -
News Channel, Chief Meteorologist Dan Satterfield.
- Drought Monitor - Tracking drought
blends science and art. No single definition of drought works for all
circumstances, so people rely on drought indices to detect and measure
- Elements &
Ephemerides - Observable Comets, From the Harvard Minor Planet Center.
- Extreme Weather
Sourcebook 2001 - Economic and other societal impacts related to
- FAQ :
Hurricanes, Typhoons, and Tropical Cyclones.
- FEMA for Kids - Disasters
come in many shapes and sizes. Most are related to the weather.
- For Kids Only - Earth Science
Enterprise - From NASA. Images, survey, and facts on earth science and
- Franklin's Forecast - With
"Franklin's Forecast," you can build your own weather station,
learn about today's sophisticated weather technologies, and check the weather
- Geophysical Institute - Aurora Forecast from the University of Alaska's Geophysical Institute.
- Groundhog Day History from
Stormfax® - The earliest American reference to Groundhog Day can be
found at the Pennsylvania Dutch Folklore Center at Franklin and Marshall
- Hurricane Awareness - What you should know what actions to take to protect yourself, family,
pets and property before a hurricane strikes...
Hunter Airplanes - NOAA
- Hurricanes - 1901 - 2003
in Hawaii - All about Pacific hurricanes.
- Images and Data - Directory of
images and data at SSEC.
- Intellicast - Offers highly
technical weather charts including NEXRAD, Doppler radar, satellite,
surface analysis, jet stream forecasts, tropical storm, snowstorm, and
- Isaac's Storm - 1900 Galveston Hurricane including photos, videos, and a feature on the
science of hurricanes.
- It's a
Breeze: How Air Pressure Affects You - Air pressure is the force
exerted on you by the weight of tiny particles of air (air molecules).
- Lightning - Lightning is the most dangerous and frequently encountered weather
hazard that most people experience each year. NSSL Research.
- Lightning Safety -
Lightning Kills, Play It Safe!
- List of
Potentially Hazardous Asteroids - From the Harvard Minor Planet
- Lists of Coronal Mass
Ejections -- from 1600 to Today.
- Mirages in
Introduction to Mirages;
- MLSO Analysis Center - Mauna Loa
- Morning Glory - Amazing Waves -
Surfing a mile high, 1000 km wave.
- Mount Washington Observatory -
A non-profit scientific and educational institution, maintains a
permanently staffed observatory at the top of New Hampshire's Mount
- Mt. Wilson Observatory
150-ft Solar Tower - Magnetogram-Dopplergram-Intensitygram.
- MTOF Proton Monitor - Live from College
Park- the latest 48 hours of solar wind data.
- NASA Earth Observatory -
Explore with NASA scientists the causes and effects of climatic and
environmental change through the use of real satellite data.
- NASA's ACE spacecraft. - Real-time Solar Wind Data -How do gusts in solar wind stir the aurora?
- National Climatic Data Center
(NCDC) - NCDC produces numerous climate publications and responds to
data requests from all over the world.
- National Hurricane Center/Tropical
Prediction Center - Our Mission: To save lives, mitigate property
loss, and improve economic efficiency by issuing watches, warnings,
forecasts, and analyses of hazardous tropical weather.
- National Sever
Weather - You should know what actions to take to protect yourself,
family, pets and property against severe weather...
- National Severe Storms Laboratory -
NOAA research on severe and hazardous weather.
- Latest Research News.
Speed Scale - You can build it.
a Anemometer - An anemometer is a device that tells you
how fast the wind is blowing.
:) Owlie Skywarn's - Weather Ready Kids Page! Interactive games.
:) JetStream - Online School for Weather.
:) NOAA Education Resources.
:) Focus on Floods - Educational Resources.
- National Solar Observatory - Operated by the Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy.
Weather Association - Supporting and Promoting Excellence in
Operational Meteorology and Related Activities for 25 Years.
- NCDC - Climatic Extremes and Weather Events.
- NCDC's - Climate Resources including data, products, inventories, and research.
- NESDIS - Operates the
satellites and manages the processing and distribution of millions of bits
of data and images these satellites produce daily.
- Nick Walker The "Weather Dude" ® - Musical Meteorology.
- NOAA - Hurricanes: Nature's
- NOAA - La Niña.
- NOAA - Satellite Active Archive.
- NOAA Photo Library - Produced to
help bring the work of one of America's most remarkable Government
agencies to the American people - NOAA!
- NOAA Space Environment Center - Space
Environment Center continually monitors and forecasts Earth's space
- NOAA Weather Radio (NWR) - A
nationwide network of radio stations broadcasting continuous weather
- Nobeyama Radio Observatory - Solar.
- NSO - The
Improved Solar Observing Optical Network (ISOON) project.
- Oklahoma Climatological Survey
Educational Outreach - K-12 educational outreach pages of the Oklahoma
- PSC Meteorology Program - Plymouth
State College (PSC) Weather Center.
- Questions About Rainbows - The idea that a pot of gold can be found at the rainbow's end originated
somewhere in old Europe.
- Rainbow Maker - Fred Stern is an
artist who uses large scale pumps and the sun's light to create natural
rainbows as large as 2000 feet across.
by Randy Wang - Photo essay & poems.
- San Fernando Observatory (SFO) - A
solar research facility associated with the California State University,
Weather Awareness - USA Today.
- Sky Diary KIDSTORM - Information, see
pictures and graphics and find links on tornadoes, lightning, hurricanes
and storm chasing.
- Snow Crystals
& Snow Flakes- Your online guide to snowflakes, snow crystals, and
other ice phenomena.
& Ice Data Center - Presented by Department of Atmospheric Science at Colorado
SWAN - Farside Images of the Sun from
- Solar and Heliospheric Observatory - The SOHO (Solar & Heliospheric Observatory) project is being carried out by the European
Space Agency (ESA) and the US National
Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) as a cooperative effort
between the two agencies in the framework of the Solar Terrestrial Science
- Storm Prediction Center - Severe
weather information from the Storm Prediction Center.
Urban Design - (PDF) Shaping Resilient Cities for the 21st Century by
Adapting Urban Design to Climate Change
- The Latest SOHO Coronagraph
Images -- The most recent real-time images.
- The Mees Solar
Observatory - Greetings from the C.E.K. Mees
Solar Observatory, on Haleakala, Maui.
- The Old Farmer's Almanac - The
- The Online Tornado FAQ -
By Roger Edwards, SPC.
- The Sun from Earth - Big Bear Solar Observatory latest images.
Information Index - USA Today. The tornado is nature's most violent
- Tornado Project Online! - We are
a small company that gathers, compiles, and makes tornado information
available to weather enthusiasts, the meteorological community and
emergency management officials.
- Tornadoes - Definició de tornado.
- Tornadoes - Tornados in Österreich /
Tornadoes in Austria.
- Tornadoes -Many are different from
what dorothy saw. A look at different shapes & sizes of tornadoes.
From Chase Day.
- Tornadoes - Nature's
Most Violent Storms. A Preparedness guide.
- Tornadoes: Safety - Although tornadoes occur in many parts of the world,
these destructive forces of nature are found most frequently in the United
States east of the Rocky Mountains.
- Tropical Prediction Center/National
Hurricane Center - To save lives, mitigate property loss, and improve
economic efficiency by issuing watches, warnings, forecasts, and analyses
of hazardous tropical weather.
Twisters - Hurricanes, what they do and how they work.
States Historical Climatology Network (USHCN)
or Not - Monitor the weather environment and make predictions about
the weather up to 48 hours before special outdoor events.
Watch: Hurricanes - Discover the power and fury of tropical storms.
- Web Weather for Kids -
Atmospheric science experiments for kids. Create a thunderstorm,
lightning, tornadoes right in your classroom or at home..
- What is the
Interplanetary Magnetic Field? -- IMF stands for Interplanetary
Magnetic Field. It is another name for the Sun's magnetic
- Windows to the Univers - A
user-friendly learning system covering the Earth and Space sciences.
Meteorological Organization - Coordinates global scientific activity
to allow increasingly prompt and accurate weather information and other
- Zeus - Clarifying
the Myths of Meteorology.