n. pl. chem·is·tries
1. The science of
the composition, structure, properties, and reactions
of matter, especially of atomic and molecular systems.
2. The composition,
structure, properties, and reactions of a substance.
- Acids and
Bases - What is an Acid or a Base?
- ACS - Chemistry
- American Elements - All about Elements.
- A Science Odyssey - You
Try It: Atom Builder.
- Activities in Chemistry from Syvum
- Activities , Games and Quizzes in Chemistry.
Acids - This site explains Amino Acids.
Acids - This is a quick introduction to amino acids.
- Bad Science -
Be very, very careful what you put into that head, because
you will never, ever get it out.
- ChemCenter - The
American chemical Society for Educators, Parents and Students.
- Chemical Elements - An up-to-date
periodic table with detailed but easy to understand information.
- Chemical of the
Week - A weekly fact sheet about a chemical or type
of chemical to increase students' knowledge about chemicals,
their production, cost, and uses.
- ChemiCool - Periodic Table, Forum, Chemistry Dictionary, Chemistry Tools.
- Chem4Kids.com - The web site that teaches
chemistry fundamentals to children and adults!
- Chemtutor -
Basic chemistry help is available here for high school
or college students.
- Delights of Chemistry -
Chemistry Demonstrations performed at the University of
Leeds. Movies, photos and text that explains our chemical
reactions are available within this site.
- Element Hangman - Learn
the names of the elements while playing a game of hangman.
- Erik's Chemistry -
A collection of Chemistry, AP Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry
notes, available for people to read through, review and
- Home Experiments - This collection of experiments will add joy to your
- Infrared and Mass Spectra - Integrated Spectral Data Base System for Organic Compounds.
- MathMol K-12 - An introductory
starting point for K-12 students and teachers interested
in the field of molecular modeling and its application
- Microworlds - An interactive tour
of current research in the materials sciences at Berkeley
Lab's Advanced Light Source.
- Mirror Molecules
- Science 360.
- Molecule of the
Month - The Molecule of the Month Home Page, based
at the School of Chemistry, University of Bristol.
- Mystery of the First Americans
- Learn how scientists use carbon-14 to date ancient remains.
- Noble Prizes
in Chemistry - A comprehensive list of Nobel Prize
Laureates in Chemistry, at the Nobel Prize Internet Archive.
- Nova - Nova proves that science
is neither secret lore nor sacred ritual but rather, at
its heart, a lifelong journey of discovery.
- Periodic Table - Atomic Properties of the Elements.
Table - The interactive periodic table of elements
- chemical data, health and environmental effects presented
in five languages
- Periodic Table of Comic Books
- Contains comic book images linked to the chemical elements
via the periodic table. From The Department of Chemistry,
University of Kentucky.
- Quia - Here you will find a sampling of activities in more than 100 categories.
Mad Scientist Lab - Chemistry Experiments.
- Science Education - Jefferson Lab.
- Science Musem - Bringing science to life, and life to science...
- Scuba Physics: Buoyancy and
Gas Laws - Principles of diving. Includes buoyancy,
Boyle's, Charles', and Dalton's laws.
- The American Chemical Society - Brought to
you by the American Chemical Society .
- Thermodynamic Data - A gateway to the
data collections of the National Institute of Standards
- US EPA - Learn
about Chemicals around the house. From the EPA.
Mass and Density - A Supplementary Activity for Students.
- Web Elements
- Scholar edition aims to be a high quality source of
information on the WWW about the periodic table for students.