Dept. of Education
the Lions - The PBS TV show all about reading.
Potter Lexicon,The - The most compete and amazing
reference to the wonderful world of Harry Potter!
English-Chinese Dictionary - These
pages hope to provide tools to assist people in learning and
using the beautiful Chinese language.
Roald Dahl (19161990),
one of the world's most beloved children's authors. He created
such memorable characters as Willy Wonka, Danny the Champion
of the World and The BFG...
Works of William Shakespeare
A Vocabulary of The Anglo-Manx Dialect
- ABC Fast Phonics - A phonics tutorial with sound and cartoons for all ages.
- African and Middle Eastern Reading Room - Library of Congress.
- Alpha Playing Cards
- A new deck of playing cards that uses letters on each
card. There are currently 5 different word games that
can be played.
Folklore - This folklore site contains retellings
of American folktales, Native American myths and legends,
tall tales, weather folklore and ghost stories...
Library - Learn about America.
Reads - NEA Read Across America Program.
- Biography.com - The online destination of A&E.s popular, award-winning
documentary series, Biography, and the new digital network,
The Biography Channel.
- Book Adventure
- AFREE reading motivation program for children in grades
K-8. Children create their own book lists from over 5,400
- BookHive: Your Guide
to Children's Literature & Books - Access the
best in children's reading and books with the BookHive:
your guide to children's literature.
History of English and American
-A concise multimedia encyclopedic portal....
- EServer.org: Accessible
- Children's Books Online - The Rosetta Project.
Literature Web Guide - Internet resources related
to books for children and young adults.
- Children's Reading
Room - A selection of stories you can print out and
read to your children over and over again, at the Museum
of Unnatural Mystery.
- Dav's Page O' Fun
- Children's book author/illustrator Dav Pilkey offers
his Web Site O-Fun as silly fun for kids of all ages.
- Discovering What to Write
- This online guide offers help in discovering, organizing,
revising, and editing your writing...
- EDSITEment -
The Best of the Humanities on the Web from the National
Endowment for the Humanities.
- Essay Info - Essay
writing center. Guide to efficient college writing.
Alphabet Trail - Scottish Gaelic.
Potter - Pronunciation Guide.
- Harry Potter
WB - By Warner Brothers.
(Gaeilge) - Irish Dictionary. There are three main dialects of Irish:
Munster (An Mhumhain), Connacht (Connachta) and Ulster
Gaelic Translator .com - Free human Irish translations
on Irish Gaelic translations forum.
- KidsBookshelf - A children's literature website dedicated to encouraging
creativity and imagination in kids and to help children
discover the enjoyment of reading.
- Kids' Corner - Featuring the stories of Beatrix Potter in text, RealAudio,
streaming media, and multimedia slideshows.
- Kidsreads.com - Books for kids.
- Luminarium - A comprehensive anthology and guide to English literature
of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.
Word Central - Offers kids a student dictionary, Daily
Buzzword, and interactive word games.
- MysteryNet.com: The Online Mystery Network. Mystery entertainment and
information for everyone who likes mystery and mysteries.
- Nellie Edge - Nellie Edge Inc produces seminars and resources to promote
early literacy for all children.
- Newspaper & Current Periodical Reading Room - Library of Congress.
- OWL Online
Writing Lab from Purdue - MLA format, APA format,
resume, business letters, searching the Internet, evaluating
sources, grammar exercises, powerpoint tutorials and more.
- Phoebe Stone - An award-winning artist and author of picture books
and a new novel that delight children and adults with
their vibrant pastel illustrations and poetic writing.
- Picture Book -
A new free to view web site containing 17 complete picture
books by a professional illustrator and samples of artwork
for all ages. by Dandi Palmer.
- Readinglady.com - An online resource for educators seeking to interact
with other educators as they expand their understanding
of literacy teaching.
Rhymes - Designed for children who are learning how
to read. From
- J.R.R. Tolkien in Oxford - A site
about his life in this city!
- Read Children's eBooks Online - New York Public Library.
- Rick Walton - A great resource about
author presentations,Utah authors, Rick Walton, and ideas for fun school curriculum.
- S.C.O.R.E. Language Arts
- A comprehensive site linked to the State Frameworks
with information on Reading Elementary anguage Arts, Phonics, CyberGuides
(Web-based Literature), virtual museums and links.
- Scottish Gaelic - Supporters website
including Gaelic names, Gaelic resources a Gaelic learners
forum and many other sources of information on the language.
- Scottish Gaelic Alphabet - From
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- StoryLine Online - Stories read by Ernest Borgnine, Betty White, James Earl Jones Robert Guillaume and more. Presented by Screen Actors Guild Foundation
- The EServer
- Publishes over 30,000 works in the arts and humanities
free of charge to readers online.
- The Gaelic Tree Alphabet
- Each of the 18 letters in Gaelic’s alphabet
was traditionally associated with a tree name.
- The Main Idea -Harcourt School
- The Nuts and Bolts of College Writing
- A guide for writing better college essays, including
help with style, structure, evidence (including citation
styles and citing the Internet), and mechanics.
- The Reading Lesson - A multimedia
phonics based program that will teach your child to
read in 20 easy lessons.
- Welcome to
Berlitz! - Self-study language instruction
for adults and children, in the language of your choice. Deutsch, Nederlands, Franais, English, Espaol, Norsk, Dansk, Suomi, Polski, Italiano, Svenska, Nihongo, Ivrit.
- Word Central - Merriam-Webster's Word
Central offers kids a student dictionary, Daily Buzzword,
and interactive word games.
Argumentative Essays - The RSCC - Online Writing Lab.
- Writing Den - Improve your English
reading, writing and listening skills with this interactive
site. Fresh topics and great online activities!